CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 86 300-6 a/c parts question

Ford F834
Administrator
I looked into this, as I wanted to ditch the dead York compressor on my 81. What I found out was that the the clutch assemblies between the 82-86 compressors and the serpentine ones were way different as well as how the body mounted. Ultimately it was looking like the only practical way was going to be to convert to serpentine which was more of a project than I wanted. There certainly may be solutions I don’t know of, so if you come across any please share!
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Johns3524
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
The aftermarket AC companies can supply V-belt or serpentine pulleys on the front of compressors. No biggie for them.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

Johns3524
CONTENTS DELETED
Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
In reply to this post by Johns3524
Johns3524 wrote
I have had all of the hardware to convert to serpentine, but I prefer a separate belt for all the functions for reliability...
Serpentine is at least as reliable as V, if not moreso.  Also, if a V-belt breaks, it's conceivable that you might not notice it for a while (assuming it doesn't foul into the other belts).  But with serpentine, you'll know instantly.  And you only have to carry 1 belt to keep everything working.  I've done some rough craziness with my truck, and I've never thrown a belt (back when it had Vs, or now that it's serpentine).
Reply | Threaded
|

Johns3524
CONTENTS DELETED