85 f250 Explorer -recreating my Dad's Truck BRUTIS

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

85 f250 Explorer -recreating my Dad's Truck BRUTIS

Wtsmith
My Dad had an 81 F150 with an 8ft bed and a 351 under the hood...  It was a big truck to me as a kid even before he put 37×12.50 Mickey Thompsons on bullet hole shiny 15" wheels all the way around...

I loved that truck he proudly called BRUTIS ... Still makes me smile

Well I happened across an 85 F250 Explorer package, 6.9 liter diesel under the hood with 82k on the dash and it's 4x4 too ... better yet this truck was at an impound lot about to be sent to the crusher... I just had to own it. I think i made a heck of a deal picking it up for just $500 out the door.

I'm excited to get it fixed up and see where the journey takes me...

I'll see if I can find some pictures of my dad's truck too...Obviously it won't be an actual recreation but still it's a bullnose Ford and I already know he likes it!!!

By the way any of you guys that might know what your looking at ... can you tell me anything about the swirly tape stripes on this truck... it really does look to be stock but i can't find anything similar in any of the period correct literature...

I'd hate to do away with the stripes if it was originally optioned that way... I think my goal for this truck is going to be a "as close to original as I can afford" (on a tight budget) but with decent looking/performance upgrades... thanks in advance for your time and knowledge...
WtS20220316_162351.jpg20220316_162402.jpg
85 F250 XLT LARIAT EXPLORER, 6.9liter idi
9W paint code (Dark Charcoal Metallic)
Interior is Red
DSO code 76 (Denver)

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 85 f250 Explorer -recreating my Dad's Truck BRUTIS

Machspeed
Administrator
Welcome! Wow you saved that fella from a terrible fate and at $500 I think you scored well. Look forward to seeing progress photos of it. Please note the FAQ on the "New Members Start Here" folder and read through them. Lots of info in there on how to post pictures and such.

Where do you live? We ask, because we have a Map we can put you on.

Good to have you!
John

"Blackie" - 1986 F150 4x4 - Mildly warmed over 351W HO - Original owner
Reply | Threaded
|

Wtsmith
For now I'm calling Ontario Oregon home... but I'm looking to move out to Texas at some point...
85 F250 XLT LARIAT EXPLORER, 6.9liter idi
9W paint code (Dark Charcoal Metallic)
Interior is Red
DSO code 76 (Denver)

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
In reply to this post by Wtsmith
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

FuzzFace2
Welcome
Once you get the picture posting thing down post up a picture or 2 little farther away so we can see the stripes but just from what I see not factory.
They could of been dealer installed as a lot of that happened back then, anything to sell a car or truck.
Dave ----
Dave G.
81 F100 flare side 300 six / AA OD / NP435 / 2.75 gear
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1980-Ford-F100?page=1
81 F100 style side 300 six/SROD parts truck -RIP
http://cars.grantskingdom1.com/index.php/1981-Ford-F100