classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

85 Flareside inline 6 cylinder

TontoKowalski
Hello Everyone,
I'm brand new to the forum and am looking forward to getting some advice on what I think is a carburetor issue. I've got an black 85 flareside, inline 6 cylinder which was my Dad's. He was going to donate it to charity because the stock wood bed was rotted away, and it had a few other issues. I said...'no way' and bought it from him for $1.00.

That began a saga over the last 2 years of learning that this truck is going to fight me every step of the way. Totally refurbished bed, new carb, new ignition parts, new plugs, new fuel tank, new sending unit, new window seals...basically every day it needs something new...and my latest discovery is a totally eroded drivers side rocker panel!

So, there's my bullnose story. It's got a long way to go, but I'm a big fan and enjoy working on it.

1985 F150 Flareside
inline 6 cylinder
bone-stock (as far as I know)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 85 Flareside inline 6 cylinder

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Tonto!  Welcome!  Don't I know you?  From FTE?

Nice story.  Sounds like a typical onion.  Keep peeling and crying, but some day you'll have Bloomin' Onion!

Where's home?  We have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and we'd be happy to add you with a city or zip.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Welcome! Some of us like six cylinder engines!
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by TontoKowalski
And the FOG thickens!  

There are a lot of fans of the Flareside/300 combo here.
Most of us really enjoy tinkering with and upgrading our trucks.

That bed wood looks amazing!  

Glad you've joined, and I hope the forum is a good resource for your future projects.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.