classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

85 F150 Wimbledon or Oxford white?

Gimmeagig
Hi,
I'm trying to do a little body work on my 85 F150 and I looked for the right paint.I will need Spray paint and also touch up paint for some nicks on the hood. The door tag shows Wimbledon White which I have but it's not a great match. A bit too creamy/warm. Then I saw online that the color for my truck could also be just White or Oxford White.
I'm not trying to make my truck pristine but it's not a "Beater" either. I know that over the years the paint has probably faded. Maybe that's why the Wimbledon is off. But before I order something else that might be a worse match... can you help me pick something close?
Thank you
1985 (March) F150
351 HO
Edelbrock carb
Shortbed
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 85 F150 Wimbledon or Oxford white?

salans7
I don't believe Oxford White came around until the mid 1990s. It is possible that your truck may have been repainted to Oxford White. There was a "Colonial White" floating around as well, so check that one as well. Easy way to tell the original color is to look at the back wall, inner roof, or floor of the truck.  
Reply | Threaded
|

JimJam300
If you check paintref.com, the white colors available for 1985 are 9A (Wimbledon White) and 9D (Polar White). Wimbledon is like an ivory, Polar is closer to Oxford like you were thinking.
1982 Bronco restomod in progress: Built 4.9L, T19 4spd, 9" 3.00 rear w/ Eaton TrueTrac, 31" tires, fuel injection soon
https://www.youtube.com/@jimjamauto
Reply | Threaded
|

Gimmeagig
The tag on my truck definitely says 9A I suspected the paint has just faded over the years. The areas that I'm spraying are separate enough where it doesn't have to be the exact match. I was just hoping I could find the right type of white to touch up the chips on the hood with a brush and Wimbledon White isn't even available in touch up but Oxford is. So maybe polar white is another option.
1985 (March) F150
351 HO
Edelbrock carb
Shortbed