84’ fun times!

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

84’ fun times!

Libarata
Hey everyone! I’m in Virginia, and I just acquired a 1984 F150XL, 5.0carb 2wd longbed regular cab. She has 86k original miles, and is rather clean. The doors are pretty sun damaged in the inside, otherwise she’s the cleanest old truck I’ve ever seen.

She will obviously need some work, since the dual tank switch is kaput, fuel gauge is kaput, and the air blower selector slide doesn’t change the air direction.

Here’s a google link that I’ll add photos to.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jYwPZ8baJVaMdUUH8
‘84 F150XL 5.0 carb RWD
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 84’ fun times!

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad to meet you.  

Where in VA?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if I had a town.

That's a nice looking truck.  But why not post your pics here rather than just share a link?  Just start a new thread in the main section and post them.  Instructions on how to do that are in Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's.  And, in that thread you can keep track of your progress, ask questions, etc.

And, by the way, you'll get lots better sound out of those speakers if you put them in an enclosure.  The waves off the back side of the cone are currently coming around and canceling the waves off the front side.  

And is the copper tubing splice part of your fuel system?
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Danny G
In reply to this post by Libarata
Looks like you got the full interior trim

Fortunately the door panels are replaceable, but the rest of the trim may need to be reworked, its time consuming but not hard.
1986 F-150|Standard Cab|4x2|300Six|C6Transmission w/3.08 rear|Name:TBD
2021 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Reply | Threaded
|

Libarata
In reply to this post by Gary Lewis
New Market, Va is where I reside. I was sent to the forum while I was on my phone, and trying to mess with photos on the phone is a nightmare!

When I take the dash apart to clean, and replace the lights with LEDs, I’m going to see if I can’t replace or repair the stock speaker and eliminate the DIY mess running through the cab.

The guy I bought it off of said the cab switch for the fuel tanks stopped working, so he hardwired the front fuel tank in, essentially leaving the rear tank to hang out and gum up. The fuel gauge always reads empty as well, so I need to drop the tanks, install new sending units, clean the rear tank out, and put everything back.

It’s going to be fun!

On Nov 7, 2019, at 7:16 AM, Gary Lewis [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Welcome!  Glad to meet you.  

Where in VA?  I ask because we have a map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map in the menu) and I'd be happy to add you if I had a town.

That's a nice looking truck.  But why not post your pics here rather than just share a link?  Just start a new thread in the main section and post them.  Instructions on how to do that are in Bullnose Forum/Forum FAQ's.  And, in that thread you can keep track of your progress, ask questions, etc.

And, by the way, you'll get lots better sound out of those speakers if you put them in an enclosure.  The waves off the back side of the cone are currently coming around and canceling the waves off the front side.  

And is the copper tubing splice part of your fuel system?

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker in front & 10.25 Spicer/Trutrac in back, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/84-fun-times-tp42957p42960.html
To unsubscribe from 84’ fun times!, click here.
NAML
‘84 F150XL 5.0 carb RWD
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You are now, quite literally, on the map!

Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

grumpin
Welcome!
Dane
1986 F250HD SC XLT Lariat 4x4 460 C6-Sold
1992 Bronco XLT 4x4 351W E4OD
1998 GMC Sierra SLE K1500 350 4L60E
Arizona