84 F150 fuel selector switch wiring

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

84 F150 fuel selector switch wiring

pyro's84F1504x4
I'm getting my truck up and running a little bit at a time, I started looking at all the stuff the previous owner has done, when I found that the fuel selector switch only had two wires on it. Non stock. One went to the switching valve and the other was piggy backed to a fuse in the fuse block. My switch has five spade terminals. I have pulled the dash off and can't find a matching plug of any kind. I did find a plug that was in a mounting hole (stock plug ) with six small round pins. I went to my local u-pick it and found the matching plug but don't know where to tie it into.
I looked in the resources which is awesome by the way but can't figure it out. Do I need to trace it from the tanks to see where the wires go?
Any help would be great.
Oh ya, by the way,i'm a newbie here and love it so far.
Pyro, white 84 F150 4x4 351W 2 brl motorcraft,4 speed. Owned for two years and now getting it running. Live in Northern Arizona (Cottonwood)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 84 F150 fuel selector switch wiring

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Welcome!  Glad you found us.  

Where's home?  We have a member's map (Bullnose Forum/Member's Map) and I'd be happy to put you on it if you'd give me a city.

On your wiring issue, this isn't the best place to diagnose things as not everyone sees post in the New Members Start Here folder.  It is really more for introductions and then posts about your truck usually go in the main section.  However, the wiring diagram you want will be here: Electrical/EVTM/1985 EVTM and then scroll down to 19. Fuel Tank Selector & Gauges (Gas).
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

pyro's84F1504x4
Thanks, I'll take a look, home is Cottonwood AZ
Pyro, white 84 F150 4x4 351W 2 brl motorcraft,4 speed. Owned for two years and now getting it running. Live in Northern Arizona (Cottonwood)
Reply | Threaded
|

pyro's84F1504x4
is there a way to move this post?
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I can move it, but you still should have an introduction post here.  Or, you can just start a new thread in the main section.  Your call.

And, you are on the map.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI