'84 Bronco engine wire harness - burnt, brittle and broken wires.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
T84
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

'84 Bronco engine wire harness - burnt, brittle and broken wires.

T84
I purchased a 1984 Bronco 4.9L that ran really really bad. Looks good though! Turns out the engine wire harness has many wires that are either burnt, broken or the insulation is broken off exposing bare wire. Almost all of the connectors are in poor condition. I have been unable to find a replacement wire harness and I am now looking to build a new harness by purchasing wire and connectors and use the old harness as a blueprint. I also have Ford's 84 Bronco wire schematics. Problem is I can't locate most of the connectors. The harness has 26 connectors of which I can locate only 7 through Echlin. Any suggestions on how to approach replacing the harness or finding connectors?  

Tom
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: '84 Bronco engine wire harness - burnt, brittle and broken wires.

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Tom, I'm going to ask if you missed the email requesting that you make an introductory post in the NMSH section at the top of the forum.
While our joining process is broken, Gary wants new members to at least acknowledge that they've seen the guidelines.

You should be able to find a bunch of connectors in the Motorcraft pigtail catalog 
Though there are a few (like the DSII distributor connector) that aren't listed.
Usually you can get around this by cutting a key off or swapping pins around.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.