classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

83 Ford F100 Original Side Mirrors

rusty83
This post was updated on .
Hey All, looking for some Original side mirrors for an 83 f100 xl. Type 9 mirrors. Everything online seems to be plastic. Any leads?

Thanks,

Rusty
Rusty
'83 Ford F100 XL
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 83 Ford F100 Original Side Mirrors

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Two things: First, you might have better luck getting responses if this was in the main section.  It may be that someone has mirrors they would part with and might not see this in "eBay & Craigslist Finds".  I can move it to the main section if you'd like.

Second, I assume you've seen the page on mirrors (Exterior/Exterior Mirrors in the menu).  You can find the part numbers there and then check out the internet for new ones if you'd like.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

rusty83
Gary, thanks so much for your reply. Lots to learn here. Yes, I found the helpful page "Mirrors/Exterior Mirrors" in the forum. Unfortunately, everything I'm seeing online is new plastic. My truck has an old beat up paint job and the slick plastic mirrors are not a consistent match to my paint. I'm looking for somthing classic, metal, and authentic to match the vibe of the existing body. Yes, please move the post to main section if you don't mind.

-Rusty
Rusty
'83 Ford F100 XL
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
Rusty, I know I have one set, but I think I may use them on my new truck, Wally. wally is a first year, 1983, Ranger. The question is .  . do I have another set? I can't remember :) If I run across them, I'll let you know. I'm putting older style Western swing mirrors on my '83 Bronco, so the set off of it is what I know I have. This is what is going on the Bronco:

https://www.blueovaltech.com/history/images/70/1970-f100.jpg
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco

Reply | Threaded
|

rusty83
Thanks, Pete's Ponies! Just let me know.

Thanks,

Rusty
Rusty
'83 Ford F100 XL
Reply | Threaded
|

PetesPonies
I've been thinking through my plan for the 83 Ranger and now I do not think I will be using the side mirrors. I would rather buy some Mustang/Bronco 1966 mirrors and use them. Let me take some pics so you will see how they look. Again, they are from my '83 Bronco.
Pete's Ponies
Mustang RUSToration & Performance

1982 F100 Flareside
1983 Bronco