‘80-‘84 Am/Fm/Cassettee Radio

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

‘80-‘84 Am/Fm/Cassettee Radio

hdman90
‘80-‘84 Am/Fm/Cassette radio. In excellent condition, comes with mounting bracket as well as knobs. I’m asking $120 plus shipping from 16502.
I saw the same one on EBay minus bracket and knobs for $144, so I feel this is fair.

Thanks
Brian

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: ‘80-‘84 Am/Fm/Cassettee Radio

waylor
Howdy,

Is this bad boy still up for grabs?
Reply | Threaded
|

hdman90
Yes sir it is! I have since tested the radio, and the AM/FM works great. The cassette player will accept the cassette, try to play the cassette (you can hear the motor come on that spins the cassette) but then spits it back out, not fully ejecting the cassette. If you turn the radio upside down, the cassette will come out. During this process, the cassette deck throws the belt from the motor to the deck. I have zero knowledge of cassette decks, so I'm not sure what is causing this or why it is happening, but I rebuilt the cassette belt system 3 times and tested it, and the same thing happened all three times. My guess is that with the motor turning on and the deck accepting the cassette, it wouldn't take much to get it working.
I do have videos of the radio working and the cassette attempting to work if you would like to see those.

Thanks!
Brian

On Tuesday, March 24, 2020, 02:30:42 PM EDT, waylor [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Howdy,

Is this bad boy still up for grabs?

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/80-84-Am-Fm-Cassettee-Radio-tp53639p54321.html
To unsubscribe from ‘80-‘84 Am/Fm/Cassettee Radio, click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

majorfa05
Sir,
Any chance the radio is still available:
Thanks Mike
Georgia
1982 F100
300 6cyl