6.9 IDI glow controler wiring diagram needed.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

6.9 IDI glow controler wiring diagram needed.

Romel
Gary, do you hapen to have the glow plug controller wiring diagram for the 6.9 IDI with the glow controller in the driver´s head?
1986 XLT Lariat F250 6.9 IDI, supercab, sidewinder, psd intercooler, hydroboost
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 6.9 IDI glow controler wiring diagram needed.

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jan - For anyone else I'd probably say "Yes, I do have.  Thanks for asking."  

But, with the time difference you'd probably lose another day, so I won't as I realize what you really want is a link to the schematics not to find out if I have them.  But, your signature doesn't say which year you have, so I'll take a chance and give you a link to the 1985 wiring.  It is in the menu at Electrical/EVTM/1985 EVTM/Start & Glow Plug Control/Run - Diesel.  And all the other schematics for your truck are there as well, just follow the links.

However, in case yours is an '86: http://www.garysgaragemahal.com/start--glow-plug-control---diesel.html.  I don't think there are any differences, other than the wire color change, but just in case.  And, the wire color change is that in '85 they used dots, hash marks, and stripes on the wires to differentiate between them.  But in '86 they did away with the dots and hash marks and just use stripes.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Romel
Dear Gary,
I am sorry but I am useless with computers, I could not get the diagrams to show large enough to be able to read them.
I do apologize.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
You mean the diagrams in the links don't load large enough to use?

What kind of computer are you on?  If a Windows machine you can hit Control & Plus at the same time and zoom in.  On an Apple there's a zoom as well but I don't remember what it is.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Romel
I feel like a retard.  I was searching in the wiring diagrams, but I cant to get them pictured like the links u sent me. I just need to find which cables go from the glow plug relay and the glow plug controller.  I have converted to the 7.3 system, but I need to get the hot wire to the glow controller. I need to splice the plug on the old 6.9 controller and jump the hot wire to the 7.3 glow controller. I have mounted it behind the right batery, just under the place the old 6.9 glow relay was mounted on the fender. I just need to get the hot wire directly, not going through the old and stuck on 6.9 glow controller.
Reply | Threaded
|

Romel
Heureka! Got it, I justdid not know it is under the EVTM, now I know.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Good!

On the wiring diagrams, should you need to use them, click the pop-out icon in the upper right of each page.  It is a square with an arrow going up and right.  That will open the drawing in a new page and you can zoom in many times to get it legible.