4180c Carb.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

4180c Carb.

howisdoug1
I would like to keep everything pretty much stock but that 4180c carb has had a fire on it once and where the gas goes in that has been cracked and epoxied by some one. The question can some of the snake pit of vacuum line be removed safely, which vacuum lines are really needed or is it best to put all new ones on. And is there a carb to replace a Holly 4180c 4V because I never liked rebuild kits, not even in a lawn mower. After reading up on the Air cleaner I realize how important it is when hooked up right
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 4180c Carb.

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Doug, would you like this post moved to the main forum?

Do you have visual emissions testing in your area?
Do you intend to keep the EGR functional, or change your distributor curve to work without it?

Years back I converted to a Holley 0-80457-S.
Mine is not set up for speed control or automatic transmission kick down.
I still have it in a box on the shelf, it was gone through with a genuine Holley kit not long before that.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

howisdoug1
Sorry I didn't get right back to you, I am checking on the emissions, I do know Phoenix is pretty tough on emissions and it has been a long time since I have been through the long lines. I am going to get some paperwork from ADOT and I will get back to you. Thanks
Doug Schouten

On Tue, Jul 14, 2020 at 12:18 AM ArdWrknTrk [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Do you have visual emissions testing in your area?
Do you intend to keep the EGR functional, or change your distributor curve to work without it?

Years back I converted to a Holley 0-80457-S.
Mine is not set up for speed control or automatic transmission kick down.
I still have it in a box on the shelf, it was gone through with a genuine Holley kit not long before that.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with an Edelbrock 1826 and Performer intake.

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/4180c-Carb-tp67007p67015.html
To unsubscribe from 4180c Carb., click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
It's ok Doug.
The carb hasn't gone anywhere in five years.

Once you know (if it HAS to be a 4180 or a 48 State street legal carb is ok)
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by howisdoug1
On the float bowl (part the gas goes in) you may be able to get a replacement from Holley if no where else. Once you do find out on the emission requirements, what engine is it and year, I have most if not all of the vacuum diagrams.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I needed once upon a time to replace my front bowl because the threads had pulled out.  
Was able to get it through the Lincoln-Mercury dealer.
But according to my parts counter guy they have been long obsoleted and there are none in the Ford parts system.

Ill try to find a Holley number for the OEM part.
 Jim,