3G Conversion Connector Question

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

3G Conversion Connector Question

fords4life
In the process of doing the wiring for the 3G conversion and ran in to a snag with the stator jumper connector.  I ordered the connectors based on info I've found in multiple places which are these two connectors:

The alternator I'm running is the Bosch AL7534N
RockAuto Bosch 7534N Info

The issue is the socket on that alternator does not match the stator connector above.  It looks like this.

Anyone have any idea what kind of connector this needs?
1986 F-150 SC 2wd 4spd 302EFI Base Model all OEM motor/trans/emissions equipment.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 3G Conversion Connector Question

fords4life
Hmmm after posting, I went back and looked at the RockAuto photos.  I'm wondering if the pin got bent somehow.  Not sure how with as far in there as it is though.  I might try straightening it out this weekend.
1986 F-150 SC 2wd 4spd 302EFI Base Model all OEM motor/trans/emissions equipment.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
In reply to this post by fords4life
It's hard to imagine that a new alternator comes with a bent tab, down in the socket.
One would think that Bosch would check the connections as part of QC before they let it ship.

Please let us know how it resolves, and if you can't straighten it out, how Rock Auto responds to a claim.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

fords4life
I was able to get the pin straightened out and the plug on with no issues today.  Glad that was easy.
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
That's great that it was a simple repair.  

You seem to have made a lot of progress in the past couple of days, and I always say Progress is good!.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.