302 EFI engine harness

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

302 EFI engine harness

blackdog
Which vehicles 87 and up share the same harness to ours that i could pull from a scrap yard? im not quite ready to rewire my truck, but should be there by summer. painless offers a harness, but i'd have to switch to MAF, which i do not wish to do. only wiring changes i'm looking to make are to alternator wiring to upgrade to the 3G. just realized that i should check interchange thread as i haven't been here in a while.
86 5.0 AOD 2WD flareside
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 302 EFI engine harness

Steve83
Banned User
A wiring harness is made in several sections - you might find an identical section on another vehicle type, but it's not likely.  Even 2 '86 5.0L Flaresides will have many wiring differences; going to '87, there were several substantial changes to the wiring, so the chances of even 1 section matching your '86 are very low.  It's much easier to just repair what you have, unless it's burned or severely degraded.  If you have to change any major section (like the dash, engine bay, or frame) to one from a different donor vehicle, it's better to change EVERYTHING from that same donor.

The alternator section is an exception - it's a standalone system that can be easily swapped from virtually any donor to match the alternator you choose.

Reply | Threaded
|

blackdog
youre the man, steve. thanks brother
86 5.0 AOD 2WD flareside
Reply | Threaded
|

blackdog
In reply to this post by Steve83
i almost made the subject "ATTN: STEVE" to begin with
86 5.0 AOD 2WD flareside
Reply | Threaded
|

Steve83
Banned User
I'm glad you DIDN'T.
Reply | Threaded
|

85lebaront2
Administrator
In reply to this post by blackdog
I know this is an old thread, but, I just retrieved my 1985/86 harnesses from where they were stored. There are 2 complete (I believe) sets. Once I get home I will separate them and lay them out for inspection. These were obtained for my son's 1986 F150 which he has since sold.
Bill AKA "LOBO" Profile

"Getting old is inevitable, growing up is optional" Darth Vader 1986 F350 460 converted to MAF/SEFI, E4OD 12X3 1/2 rear brakes, traction loc 3:55 gear, 160 amp 3G alternator Wife's 2011 Flex Limited Daily Driver 2009 Flex Limited with factory tow package Project car 1986 Chrysler LeBaron convertible 2.2L Turbo II, modified A413