classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

300 Six C6 Kickdown Linkage

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Gerry/84f15033yrowner is looking for the bellcrank for the kickdown linkage for a C6 in a truck w/a 300 six.  I've realized that my page on Driveline/Transmissions/Automatic Transmissions/Kickdown Linkage has a really hard to see illustration of that and, worse yet, didn't have the part number.  I've rectified the part number problem on that page, and it is D9TZ 7A185-A, and I will rectify the illustration problem.  But, in the interim I've included the to-be illustration below.

Gerry - Please confirm that that is the part you are looking for.  If so I've found 5 at various parts stores and will send you a link to them.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 300 Six C6 Kickdown Linkage

84f15033yrowner
Thanks, that is the part number I found and the illustration does look like the the photos I have found. That is one of my problems I have only seen a couple of photos and not the real thing, but the kickdown rod I have does connect to the bellcrank at the right location and the illustration does look like it connects to the side of the carb (yfa 1 bbl carter). Thanks for the finding the 5 units, please do send the links.

As for the F150 we have. Purchased it in Albuq. NM in 1984 and it has been a great pickup, it is the basic tan extended cab. I swapped the c6 for the standard transmision due our mobility challenges and we want to keep driving it. Both of our sons learned to drive in the pickup so has a very special past for us. If the c6 works for us will get started on fixing it up a lot more, again thanks!

84f15033yrowner
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Rear Counter says that these dealers have them: http://www.rearcounter.com/D9TZ-7A185-A-parts194203.html.  You can click on the Request Pricing link for each and they should email you right back with the price.

As for the truck, I'm glad that a transmission change makes it useful to you.  And we are here to help you get it going.  
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

84f15033yrowner
again thanks, will check them out.