classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

300 4.9 EFI Y pipe exhaust fitment

FrazerJames
Hi all!

It’s been a bit - I’ve only had a few hours here and there to make progress on the EFI upgrade. I have all the manifolds on and buttoned up though, so I feel like the hard part is behind me.... Well, now I’m on to installing the y pipe down to the cat, but I’m having trouble seating the Y pipe properly.

It’s like the angle of the pipe is hitting the frame as it’s heading down to the cat so it’s not allowing me to line up correctly on the manifold. Anyone have this issue? I’m not even sure what a next step could even be.

Thanks
jim
1983 Bronco 4.9 300 I6
Current Name: Whitney
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 300 4.9 EFI Y pipe exhaust fitment

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Others have certainly had this problem.... and posted about it in the past week.

Which Y-pipe are you using, and does it include the pre-cat or not?

Likely you will have to get it in past the crossmember before installing the exhaust manifolds.

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/Help-with-FI-quot-y-quot-pipe-fitment-on-85-300-I6-td83363.html
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

FrazerJames
Oh man, thanks! I even searched before I posted...
1983 Bronco 4.9 300 I6
Current Name: Whitney
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Hopefully Tyler's experience can help you!

That's why we're all here. To share, and encourage each other.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.