classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

255lph fuel pump solution

Littlebeefy
Hi guys,
I put together the right combination of parts for the Bullnose Bronco to get a 255lhp pump into the 2" tank hole without any real mods. If you use the Carter replacement hanger and pump (like the one from JBG) it uses a different design of hanger and pump than our original. You can pull the OEM rated pump out and replace it with a Walbro GSS342 and just use longer screws and a shorter hose. Here's what it looks like:

Note that I am going to attach this to a fuel mat, so I got the GSS342 with the inlet inline with the outlet. I think that the GSS352 is the same size with 350lph if you needed more fuel (for what reason I would not know hahaha).

I hate that I am sticking with the stock fuel level sending unit, but I am.
LittleBeefy aka Chad

“Dot Doitall”: 1984 Bronco XLT
460 (C8VE), Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4, ZF5, NP205, D44HP solid axle, 4.56
urban assault vehicle

"Bebe": 2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr
2.7l, Sasquatch, Iconic Silver, Black Marine-grade interior, hard-top

"Celeste": 1979 Porsche 928
4.5l K-jet, 5-sp, S4/GTS brakes, LSD, Pasha interior
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 255lph fuel pump solution

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
What are your other options for a sender in the deeper Bronco tank, Chad?

Ingenious that you can do this with the pre '85 bung!  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Littlebeefy
Not many alternatives for a sender. Read this thread for a discussion on this. Options that I am aware of are to go to the later tank and the FPM hanger with a converter device for your signal, or try to find a top mounted aftermarket sender. I don't really have any room above the tank to fit the laser sender that Holley makes, and the others are still borderline too big (the tank is almost pressed flush to the underside of the body). There are other aftermarket senders that you could somehow affix to your hanger, but I imaging installing and calibrating that would be a nightmare.

So I'm using the factory style sender and just crossing my fingers... again.
LittleBeefy aka Chad

“Dot Doitall”: 1984 Bronco XLT
460 (C8VE), Edelbrock Pro-Flo 4, ZF5, NP205, D44HP solid axle, 4.56
urban assault vehicle

"Bebe": 2022 Bronco Badlands 2dr
2.7l, Sasquatch, Iconic Silver, Black Marine-grade interior, hard-top

"Celeste": 1979 Porsche 928
4.5l K-jet, 5-sp, S4/GTS brakes, LSD, Pasha interior
Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
I did follow that thread.

My senders haven't been right for decades, and even though I changed them both out when I had the bed off in 2016 they're not right (or even close!) so I rely on resetting my tripmeter when I fill up.  
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.