classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

2018 Garagemahal Ford Truck Show - Planning, Rooms, etc

Gary Lewis
Administrator
I've been doing quite a bit of planning, contacting vendors, participants, etc.  So I thought I'd better create some documentation for that.  Toward that end I've created a new folder called 2018 Garagemahal Ford Truck Show Planning that is pinned at the bottom of the folders.  And I moved the Rooms Available thread into that folder, along with threads on Vendors and Participants.  Plus I'm working on a thread re Advertising that I hope to post in a bit.  And, there will surely be other threads later as I try to work through how best to organize things, who gets the grab bags and prizes, etc.

So, please take a look and see what you think.  And if you are ready to say you are coming I'll be happy to put your name on the list - realizing that life happens and plans get changed.  (Jonathan, David, and Chris: I didn't want to presume, but I'm hoping you are coming.)

It is really starting to take on a whole different, much bigger, look than last year, with international visitors, lots more vendor participation, etc. But, I'd like your thoughts on how to make it better.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 2018 Garagemahal Ford Truck Show - Planning, Rooms, etc

1986F150Six
Administrator
I and my little red buddy plan to make the trek.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Happily noted.  

And, as you'll see, I'm working on a list of those I need to remind.  So, if you think of people please let me know.

Also, if anyone comes up with other places or ways to advertise I'd like to know that as well.  For instance, if your local paper, assuming that still exists, has a way to run a free or cheap advert then maybe I should - or you should for me.

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
As an update, I got a box from LMC today with goodies to give away: Two $25 gift cards; 50 registration cards that participants can fill out and put on their windshield; 50 LMC Keep 'Em On The Road cards; 50 LMC stickers for bumpers or windshields.  So now I need to start planning how to create grab bags into which this stuff will go, along with the other things that have been promised.

Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Another update.  Yesterday Brandon/Bruno called to say that he's impressed with both the products as well as customer support from TotallyStainless.  And, that in a conversation he mentioned the show and they said "Write us and maybe we can help."  So today I talked with Abigail there, who remembered the conversation with Brandon and gave me her email address.  She now has an email that explains what the show is all about and how their products will be of interest to us.  We will see what they say.

Yesterday I got an email back from the gentleman at my Ford dealership that said he's passed my email on to his rep with Ford in Dallas.  Hopefully they'll see the need to bring a Raptor to the show.  

And, I just stopped in to see Cory Marshall, the General Manager of the Tulsa 4wd Parts store.  He remembers me, maybe because of Big Blue since he once told me if I ever want to sell it I must talk to him first.  Anyway, I showed him the pic of the Bronco that was at the show last year, and he said "I know that guy."  Told him it is Tim White, and he agreed.  (Which reminds me that I need to remind Tim of the show.)  Then Cory showed me pics of his Centurion, '90ish Bronco, another '90ish Ford, and an '86 Bronco, and I think he will be at the show.  Plus, he said he will have 50 of their yellow bags we can use as "grab bags" for giving to the participants.  And, some other things as well, possibly to include a free TTB alignment.

So, things are moving along.  

Reply | Threaded
|

Pebcak
I'll volunteer for tribute to drive the Raptor up from Dallas!!!!  

I'm reaching out to see what I can get for advertising or donations with the companies that I get parts from too.  
1986 F150 XLT Lariat, 4X2, 351W, 1406 Edelbrock Carb - Currently going through an engine rebuild through a "Father/Son Project"
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Thanks!  So selfless to offer to drive it up.  

Anyway, thanks for checking with folks.  I forgot to say that when I was talking to Cory Marshall at 4WD Parts I mentioned that LMC has gotten me stuff and NPD said they would, but that I've not heard back from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard.  He said "I'll tell what'shisname (I didn't catch it)."  In other words, he knows people at JBG and will alert them!