classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

1986 F250 parts

Romel
Hi guys,
since I have been blocked on FB lifetime for violating some rule which they do not tell me, I lost contact with the US comunity.  I want to buy some parts for my pick up that I have here in Europe.
Door mirrors- which do look as closest to the original ones, I have looked at Dormans and the picture is not
                    much satisfying DORMAN 955180
door hinges- I would like the complete asemblies, as the old ones are way gone, the spring broken on driver
                   side, and want to avoid cheap crap
right front fender- original used good one, as the one I have on the truck was replaced for aftermarket and
                           does not line up good
right door- damaged since I have bought the pick up, good used door
front brake pads- seems the ones I have bought are too hard and the braking is not that great, new caliper
                          seals, new rubber hoses, new master cylinder, new hydroboost, still the brakes could be
                          better, the rear blocks before the front does
new rear shoes- quality ones, I see different manufacturers, dont know which ones are good

The deal is I am shipping container with a car from LA, Ca and want to source parts for my Ford to be put in and get a free ride.

Thanks for any input.

Jan Micka
1986 XLT Lariat F250 6.9 IDI, supercab, sidewinder, psd intercooler, hydroboost
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 1986 F250 parts

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Jan - Sorry to see you've been banned from FB.

On the mirrors, go to Documentation/Exterior/Exterior Mirrors and pick the "type" you are looking for.  And then you can see the part numbers for that type.  With that part number I'd search this forum.  David had found bunches of NOS mirrors and posted them here.  And tell us what "type" you are looking for - perhaps someone has a set.

Door Hinges: If no one has good used ones perhaps you can find NOS ones.  But you do know that they sell bushing repair kits, right?  That won't fix the spring, but perhaps someone has the spring?

Upper Hinge: 80/on FlOO/350,F(SuperDuty),U150 (RH) E8TZ 1522811-A (LH) E8TZ 1522810-A |
Lower Hinge: 80/89 Fl50/350.F(Super Duty),U150 E9TZ 1522800-A R.H. and L.H.

Right Door: Hopefully someone on here will have one they will sell you.

Fender: Ditto

Brake Pads: Jim likes his Motorcraft Severe Duty pads, so that's what I went with on Big Blue.  However, I've not driven it yet so can assure you they are good.  Still, he likes them.  I think mine came from Rock Auto.

Rear Shoes: If going with Motorcraft up front I'd go with them in the rear.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

ArdWrknTrk
Administrator
Dorman sells the hinge spring tab in their HELP! line of repair parts.
 Jim,
Lil'Red is a '87 F250 HD, 4.10's, 1356 4x4, Zf-5, 3G, PMGR, Saginaw PS, desmogged with a Holley 80508 and Performer intake.
Too much other stuff to mention.
Reply | Threaded
|

Romel
Reply | Threaded
|

Romel
This is the mirrors I have.  I am slowly collecting parts for frame off restoration.