1986 F150,short bed, reg. cab, 302 EFI

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

1986 F150,short bed, reg. cab, 302 EFI

Bo Frodo
I offered this truck for sale in Nov. 2019 as is, I had no one interested. In the Spring of 2020 I began work on it myself. Parts I have replaced thus far: fuel tank (mid-mount), sending unit with low pressure fuel pump, roll over vent valve and hose, high pressure fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel regulator valve, 8 fuel injectors, and 8 new injector connectors. When I crank the truck sometimes it will fire and run briefly and sometimes not. Wife is on my a** and I have little knowledge of this type. Are you interested?
Patient: '86 reg.cab, short bed, 302 V8, EFI, auto trans, sitting out for 10 yrs., not abused just neglected, fires with strtr fld but won't run (yet)
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 1986 F150,short bed, reg. cab, 302 EFI

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Bo - I think it would help it sell if you told us what you want for it.  I think I found where you said "Millington. TN just 15 miles north of Memphis."  Is that correct?

Also, pictures would be very helpful as well.  I looked through your posts and it looks like you've had problems posting pics.  If so, email them to me and I'll post them for you.

I'd like to help you find a new home for it.

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Bo Frodo
Yes the truck is in Millington, TN just north of Memphis. Actually in the same county. I would like to get back what I have in the truck, which is $850. In the list of new part I neglected to mention:
   1) a new ground strap from frame to engine
   2) throttle cable
   3) battery purchased January 2019
Patient: '86 reg.cab, short bed, 302 V8, EFI, auto trans, sitting out for 10 yrs., not abused just neglected, fires with strtr fld but won't run (yet)
Reply | Threaded
|

1986F150Six
Administrator
Bo Frodo wrote
 I would like to get back what I have in the truck, which is $850.
Sounds quite reasonable!
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Phil/Bo has asked me to post these pics for him.  But, Phil, they are pretty low resolution so when I make them fairly large so we can see them they aren't going to be very crisp.  If you want to send others just email them to me and I'll add them.

Overall, if I were close to Nashville I'd be there with my trailer!

Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI