1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat in Newark, DE. 19713

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
1 message Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat in Newark, DE. 19713

CDLong
Selling due to forced retirement, no funds to continue restoration. 302 EFI engine, AOD automatic transmission, 4x4 regular cab long wheelbase. Dual factory front shocks. No rot in frame, suspension, or bed. 121,505 original miles on the odometer. I am the 4th owner. I drove the truck home from Hanover, PA. All gauges, interior lights, clock works & radio works. New interior rear view and door mount mirrors. Engine, transfer case and both rears do not leak. Transmission pan has minor leakage at gasket.  Rear light under bumper works in reverse. Lower lights in grill work with low beam, upper lights in grill work with high beam. Major tune up, engine oil and all engine filters, new starter & engine coolant temperature auge & sender changed @ 121,000 miles. No AC compressor. Have new ignition module and tool needed to change it. Dr’s door needs new hinges, I have the hinges. Can be driven around the subdivision. I have a good Delaware title, but truck isn’t registered.
 What I know it needs: maintenance light under hood needs wired. Anti-freeze & radiator overflow tank needs mounted. Interior light above seat needs the lens, dash is shot, needs replaced or a cover. Front of dash is also cracked. Passenger’s side door lock and window switch need replaced. Tool box lids need new struts. Front crossmember needs to be straightened. The sway bar bolts to it. I couldn’t find a replacement. The steering box mount has a break. It needs to be repaired and a brace made for the mount. Article on how to repair it is below. Heater fan should be replaced it’s noisy. Front hub caps need replaced. Will need need new front tires and a front-end alinement before too long. I would replace the heater fan blower motor before fall, it’s noisy. Front 4x4 hubs will need replaced, one of the bars to lock in 4wd is broken and a replacement bar isn’t available that I could find. I would service the transmission and change the oil in both rears and the transfer case because I don’t know if it was done @ 100,000 miles. As far as I know, there are no other issues. I have more pics and several videos, just email me. $5,300 firm. 
CD Long Jr
1985 F150 XLT Lariat 302 EFI AOD transmission 4x4 regular cab LWB