1985 F-350 in Michigan

Tbswick
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 1985 F-350 in Michigan

Gary Lewis
Administrator
That's a lot of money for a truck that you can't drive and check out.  I usually only buy trucks like that for the parts because you are sure to find far more problems than you think when you do get into it.  So, something closer to $500 would be what I would normally be willing to pay.

Having said that, a newly re-manufactured 460 is worth about the $3000 asking price - if it was done by a reputable builder and has a warranty.  So, it has potential.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI

Reply | Threaded
|

Tbswick
It’s a  remanufactured 460 long block from LKQ “I have receipts” all new ignition system and new gas tank. I know 3 grand is high but I’m just looking to get some of the money back out of it. We have  receipts  adding up to about $4600 in new parts. It does have some rust but solid as a tank for a Truck that’s been in the Midwest. You can drive it. It does start and run now but it needs the fuel system finished. In reality a good hard days work and this truck would be ready to drive with no problems. Plus it came with some cool  options, A/C, power windows and locks and the locking hood release. We are open to offers tho.
Reply | Threaded
|

Gary Lewis
Administrator
Given that, then the price isn't out of line.  Maybe you could detail out what the fuel system issues are?  It might help people thinking about what is needed.
Gary, AKA "Gary fellow": Profile

Dad's: '81 F150 Ranger XLT 4x4: Down for restomod: Full-roller "stroked 351M" w/Trick Flow heads & intake, EEC-V SEFI/E4OD/3.50 gears w/Kevlar clutches
Blue: 2015 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew wearing Blue Jeans & sporting a 3.5L EB & Max Tow
Big Blue: 1985 F250HD 4x4: 460/ZF5/3.55's, D60 w/Ox locker & 10.25 Sterling/Trutrac, Blue Top & Borgeson, & EEC-V MAF/SEFI