vjsimone

was yours a duel tank originally ?

Vinny Simone
757-598-2347

From: sgauvry [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <ml+[hidden email]>
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2018 11:47 AM
To: vjsimone
Subject: Re: 1985.5 F150 5.0 fuel regulator

We got about 10 inches Tuesday (started around 2 PM) into Wednesday (ended about 8:00 PM), but on Thursday it was 45 and about half of what we got melted.  Temps hovering around 42 the last two days.  

Like your idea regarding the schrader valve.  I didn't implement the idea. Located mine before the rail with a permanent gauge.  

Having trouble now with wiring regarding my in-tank fuel pump.  Did the testing for voltage at the relay and to check for working fuel pump relay.  All checked out.  Seems to be a dead connection to wiring to the in-tank fuel pump connector.  0v registered.  No fuel being delivered.  Have Bill, Ray, and Gary in on this one.  We believe the problem is isolated to the wiring downstream from the hp pump.  I can hear the hp pump engage when the ignition key is on.  But there is 0volts getting to the in-line pump.  

Hopefully, that's just a small bump in the road.

Hope you are enjoying yourself in Newfoundland.  That's got to be a pretty cool place to live!

Steve
Steven A. Gauvry - 1985 F150 5.0 EFI

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/1985-5-F150-5-0-fuel-regulator-tp7703p8750.html

To unsubscribe from 1985.5 F150 5.0 fuel regulator, click here.
NAML
Vinny... "Do All Scheduled Maintenance Prior To Troubleshooting" "Resolve All Known Issues Prior To Troubleshooting"
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 1985.5 F150 5.0 fuel regulator

sgauvry
In reply to this post by vjsimone
Maybe.  It's is odd that my fuel gauge worked fine prior to my old engine removal.  Not sure about the pump.  I suspect there was enough fuel in the line through syphon and the hp pump did the rest.  But now the lines are dry and there's nothing pulling fuel from the tank.  And the gauge no longer works.  

I jarred something loose, somewhere.  Has to be in the line downstream of the HP pump since that still works.  Hope to figure it out soon.  =

Still have bodywork and paint to do.  The engine was the first stage. Hope to not be stuck in stage one too long.  I want to take this baby for a ride.  
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: 1985.5 F150 5.0 fuel regulator

sgauvry
In reply to this post by vjsimone
Not that i know of. But my fuel pump wireing seems more similar to the 7.5 than to the 5.0.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------
From: "vjsimone [via Bullnose Enthusiasts]" <[hidden email]>
Date: 3/24/18 7:00 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: sgauvry <[hidden email]>

was yours a duel tank originally ?

Vinny Simone
757-598-2347

From: sgauvry [via Bullnose Enthusiasts] <ml+[hidden email]>
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2018 11:47 AM
To: vjsimone

We got about 10 inches Tuesday (started around 2 PM) into Wednesday (ended about 8:00 PM), but on Thursday it was 45 and about half of what we got melted.  Temps hovering around 42 the last two days.  

Like your idea regarding the schrader valve.  I didn't implement the idea. Located mine before the rail with a permanent gauge.  

Having trouble now with wiring regarding my in-tank fuel pump.  Did the testing for voltage at the relay and to check for working fuel pump relay.  All checked out.  Seems to be a dead connection to wiring to the in-tank fuel pump connector.  0v registered.  No fuel being delivered.  Have Bill, Ray, and Gary in on this one.  We believe the problem is isolated to the wiring downstream from the hp pump.  I can hear the hp pump engage when the ignition key is on.  But there is 0volts getting to the in-line pump.  

Hopefully, that's just a small bump in the road.

Hope you are enjoying yourself in Newfoundland.  That's got to be a pretty cool place to live!

Steve

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/1985-5-F150-5-0-fuel-regulator-tp7703p8750.html

NAML
Vinny...

http://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/1985-5-F150-5-0-fuel-regulator-tp7703p8752.html
NAML