1982 F150 XLS looking for info

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

1982 F150 XLS looking for info

BetterThanItWas
Need help with 1/4 emblems / trim above glove box and steering wheel it actually came with - thank you for any info  you can throw my way in advance
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 1982 F150 XLS looking for info

Ford F834
Administrator
The interior trim on the XLS consisted of the brushed aluminum instrument bezel & radio bezel, the matching brushed aluminum trim horn pad on the steering wheel, and the “ XLS” nameplate (which is part of the radio bezel). This nameplate part was used on the compact ranger series XLS next to the glove box but the 82/83 full size XLS had the badging on the radio bezel.

Exterior trim consisted of blacked out bumpers, side mirrors, door handles, door lock bezels, windshield trim headlight buckets, and upper and lower grille trim. The grille insert was dark charcoal and not exclusive to the XLS trim line.

The Ford master parts catalog lists specific vinyl stripe kits for each of the 10 XLS body colors offered. 1982 had Silver Iridescent , Brite Blue Iridescent, Dark Caramel Iridescent, and White. For ‘83 those colors were replaced by Light Charcoal Metallic, Blue Glow, Light Desert Tan, and a different White. Raven Black and Candyapple Red were offered both years. The non-black body color trucks had a vinyl blackout frame around the side windows.

None of the XLS trim parts are reproduced and readily available except the door handles and door locks. The Aeronose Ford lightning pickups had black door handles (with a 1982 part number) and reproductions could be bought from NPD. At least they used to have them. Black door locks are available as replacements for certain Mustangs.

Christopher Lott restores Chromatic stripe Freewheelin Fords, and he bought a XLS Bronco. He was looking into having reproduction stripes made through some of his vinyl graphics guys, but that was almost two years ago and I have not heard any update. You might check out his public Facebook page and ask if he knows any resources. https://www.facebook.com/groups/443736922474997/permalink/1831706893677986/
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: 1982 F150 XLS looking for info

Ford F834
Administrator
In reply to this post by BetterThanItWas
You might find this thread interesting… unfortunately I never compiled the data and photos into a web page for this site but I still hope to…

https://forum.garysgaragemahal.com/XLS-picture-request-td8841.html
SHORT BED 4-DOOR DIESEL: 1986 F350 4x4 under construction-- 7.3 IDIT ZF5+GVOD

STRAIGHT SIX 4X4: 1981 F150 2wd to 4x4-- 300 I6 close ratio diesel T19, hydroboost brakes, Saginaw steering

BIG F: 1995 F-Superduty under construction— converting to 6.9L IDI diesel ZF5+DNE2